Clown Hosting A Elegance Coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
i saw one of my clowns spazzing out in my elegance coral, is it trying to host it? And if so is that bad cause the elegance can sting?

img_1309473_0_a1ee3494e448600493342f0e78e10b2b.jpg

img_1309473_1_1175a23fc7fdcbeaa57d0f3eac999ae2.jpg

That is how clowns are able to host anemones and corals. They let the coral sting them untill the coral can't tell the difference. same with an anemone,

thincat said:
That is how clowns are able to host anemones and corals. They let the coral sting them untill the coral can't tell the difference. same with an anemone,

hm i allways thought clowns were just immune to the stings. dosnt it put the clown through alot of pain?

I can't tell if he's getting hurt or not but it's kinda scary cause he's so small and the coral could envelop him if it wanted.

He's all vibrating and acting weird inside it.

carey said:
I can't tell if he's getting hurt or not but it's kinda scary cause he's so small and the coral could envelop him if it wanted.

He's all vibrating and acting weird inside it.

the coral or clown?

the clown...not the coral. the coral has closed up quite a bit since the clown started his little frenzy

Most times in an AQ setting it's the coral that can't put up with the clown brushing around all day.

Will I have to worry about the coral eating my clown? It didn't look like the coral was too happy with the fish in it. I ws warned when i got the coral that it could eat fish. True or not? lol

carey said:
Will I have to worry about the coral eating my clown? It didn't look like the coral was too happy with the fish in it. I ws warned when i got the coral that it could eat fish. True or not? lol

oh god i really hope your coral dosnt decide to snack

they might host a hairy mushroom...then again there is no
guarantee
they will host anything at all.

"Will I have to worry about the coral eating my clown?"
there is always a chance that could happen.

Wow, I sure hope he doesn't. Guess I will have to keep an eye on them. Man, that would be awful....I won't even think about it.

Back
Top Bottom