Clown hosting a frog spawn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vegasgungirl

Aquarium Advice Newbie
How on earth do I stop her? Sigh. :(

I don't want my frog spawn to die. It won't even open much now cause the clown won't leave it alone.

Attachments

• image-2658769531.jpg
    image-2658769531.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 157
This is when it opened before. It's bigger now but the clown won't stay away so it can't open.

Attachments

• image-3124184630.jpg
    image-3124184630.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 170
I put a condi in already hoping the tentacles would attract the clown. No such luck. I'm not a fan of anemones so one is enough. I've never been stung and hope to keep it that way.

Clowns don't normally host condy's, usually bubble tips and carpets. Sorry. Good luck!

Only certain anemones are deadly. Some anemones don't have strong enough nemocyts to harm humans.

I have a pair of clowns that have been hosting my frogspawn for about 9 months. The frogspawn is doing great and has since grown 4 new heads. I say let em host!

I bought a hammer coral with the hope that I can get a clown to host it. I am letting the coral grow before I get my clown so it won't bother it much. That is how i hope it will work anyway, knowing my luck the clown will host a power head. Will the coral be ok if it is big enough?

Qube said:
I have a pair of clowns that have been hosting my frogspawn for about 9 months. The frogspawn is doing great and has since grown 4 new heads. I say let em host!

Do your clowns ever try to feed the frogspawn? I've seen them feed anemones so I'm a little curious.

Keep in mind that some clowns can be rougher on their coral host than others. I do agree with you. If the frogspawn isn't showing any signs of damage it's not going to be an issue. If it's retracting from its skeleton then he has a problem. Either way, I'd get rid of the condy.

CorallineAlgae said:
Do your clowns ever try to feed the frogspawn? I've seen them feed anemones so I'm a little curious.

Keep in mind that some clowns can be rougher on their coral host than others. I do agree with you. If the frogspawn isn't showing any signs of damage it's not going to be an issue. If it's retracting from its skeleton then he has a problem. Either way, I'd get rid of the condy.

I can't say that I've really noticed, I'll have to keep an eye on it.

I wouldn't worry about it my clown hosts my flowerpot in time it will get used to it as mine did

Back
Top Bottom