Clown hosting anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bear85

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have to say it's my dream to come home and see my clown hosting my bubble tip anemone but they are stubborn and won't do it ! I have had then for close to 8 months and nothing.. I put pics on the glass and tried to give it some time. I saw a video where a guy put the anemone in with the clowns in a breeding box and they went rite in .. Should I try this ? Should I just give it more time ?

Just wait it out I reckon, don't mess with nature! I had a pair of clowns and two anemones for around a year - they would host my elegance and torch corals but not go near the anemones, then one day they just did, just like that ;) patience...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Try moving the anemone to a place the clowns swim or rest regularly if placement permits. Bring the anemone too them.

I would never move an anemone, have you ever tried to do that? Once their foot is planted it would be hard to move them without damaging them. Plus anemones will go where they like, not necessarily where we would like them to go. Leave an anemone where it is I say and just be patient...

I would never move an anemone, have you ever tried to do that? Once their foot is planted it would be hard to move them without damaging them. Plus anemones will go where they like, not necessarily where we would like them to go. Leave an anemone where it is I say and just be patient...

+1. Op the clowns will do as they please usually :(

It's not ideal to move your anemone around but I've seen safer ways to do it. Obviously not trying to tell you to rip the anemone off while it's still attached.

This is where I saw how to do it. As you can see a lot of ppl would suggest not to move it and for good reason, make sure your anemone is in good condition b4 worrying about getting the clownfish to host it. These guys said it best though just be patient.

As you can see a lot of ppl would suggest not to move it and for good reason, make sure your anemone is in good condition b4 worrying about getting the clownfish to host it. These guys said it best though just be patient. The comment I made was in reference to a video I saw and if you want to look into it further I'll send you the link.

I have heard a lot of success stories with putting clowns in confined spaces with the nem. As long as the clown is healthy and the anemone is healthy it shouldn't be a problem. I do not recommend doing this with any other anemone then bubble-tips. If you try with say, haddonis, you will most likely end up with an eaten fish. Make sure the clown has space to get away from the nem and monitor it.

*DO AT YOUR OWN RISK. NOT MY FAULT IF EITHER GET'S DAMAGED OR THE FISH GETS EATEN*

Back
Top Bottom