Clown hosting coco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ajm

Aquarium Advice Freak
My maroon clown seems to be hosting my coco worm, I'm planning on getting an led this weekend so I can have an anemone for her. Thoughts?

Attachments

• image-2659900886.jpg
    image-2659900886.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 126
Wow, the feather duster doesn't close up in it's presence?

I can't wait for my maroons to get that big.

It's about a 2 month old tank since my move. Otherwise it's been up 5 years. The clown was one of the first in it so she got pretty big over that time. I had a mini cycle from adding new some new live rock like a month and a half ago though so do i have to wait again? My parameters are all good now. My lfs guy said he had LEDs I could buy not exactly sure on power and such but he said its good enough for the anemone and some corals.

That has got to be the biggest clownfish I've ever seen. Nice aquarium.

It's about a 2 month old tank since my move. Otherwise it's been up 5 years. The clown was one of the first in it so she got pretty big over that time. I had a mini cycle from adding new some new live rock like a month and a half ago though so do i have to wait again? My parameters are all good now. My lfs guy said he had LEDs I could buy not exactly sure on power and such but he said its good enough for the anemone and some corals.

No offense but I would not take his word for it. I would find out what they are exactly and research them. If they are Marineland LED's I highly suggest NOT buying them. Often times LFS's try and push these out the door, I know my LFS does.

Schism said:
No offense but I would not take his word for it. I would find out what they are exactly and research them. If they are Marineland LED's I highly suggest NOT buying them. Often times LFS's try and push these out the door, I know my LFS does.

Ya not sure of the brand or anything I will have to look into it thanks. Just curious though; what's bad about marineland?

I just have plain ole fluerescent lighting and a 3 month old tank and my anenome is great! You dont any of that fancy junk! What do you think people did before they came out with all that expensive garbage! Just keep it simple.

All the fish at my stores are young. That's how most tank busters are sold.

That's how most stores are. You'll find the locally owned ones will have a higher likely hood of having larger fish.

Ok back on topic. That is a cool relationship between the two. The coco really doesn't mind? How large is the tank? I'd hold off on a nem if adding one piece of LR created a parameter spike.

I just have plain ole fluerescent lighting and a 3 month old tank and my anenome is great! You dont any of that fancy junk! What do you think people did before they came out with all that expensive garbage! Just keep it simple.

I hope you mean T5's. And LED's are far from fancy junk, they are powerful and the most efficient aquarium lighting there is, not sure why your knocking it.

Also to the OP the Marineland LED are poorly made and do not have the power needed for corals/nems with high lighting needs. Many bad reviews on them if you care to read them.

+1 ^^^^. Fancy junk? Some are as powerful as a 250w halide with relatively no energy consumption and heat. That's pretty good if you ask me.

Sniperhank said:
That's how most stores are. You'll find the locally owned ones will have a higher likely hood of having larger fish.

Ok back on topic. That is a cool relationship between the two. The coco really doesn't mind? How large is the tank? I'd hold off on a nem if adding one piece of LR created a parameter spike.

It has gotten used to her I guess because it just stays out waving in the current. I want to do an anemone asap as I am worried that my clown is causing stress or something and I'd hate to have it lose a crown when I can do something about it. And It wasn't just a piece it was about 20 lbs. I got the whole set up from my brother who had it for years and he didn't have any live rock at all so I'm playing catch up hence the spike.

Back
Top Bottom