Clown likes to take RODI baths

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jaiden

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My clown LOVES to play in the rodi water I pour in for topoffs. Is there any problem with this? I usually only put in 1-2 gal at a time, since it's only a 54g tank.

no mine does this everytime I put water in as well. They are curious little guys mine have to examine everything that goes into my tank

I love that, everytime anything new goes in my clowns and my peppermint shrimp are right there. The clowns seem to love the fresh water.

Same here, when I do top offs they come up so quick they look like they're gonna jump out of the tank. :mrgreen:

Plus, fish actually prefer slightly less salty water than what we have in the tanks. Natural sea water is 1.025-1.027 but higher bony fishes like clowns maintain their internal SG closer to 1.010-1.012 (about 1/3 that of sea water, or ~100x that of freshwater).

Eh. It probably just tickles.

they are really cute i just purchase yet another french angel, my little clown is trying to pick a fight with it, he is trying to whip my french angel with his little tail, it look really cute and not they are getting along pretty well, since i could hand feed both of them. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom