Clown, meet BTA - BTA, meet Clown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Try a smaller piece next time and feed the fish first so that nothing steals the food from the bta.

IMO It doesn't look bad at all, except the bleached part. It should recover easily despite the fact that your tank is not mature.

I was feeding everyone today, soaked mysis & chopped up silverside. Everyone was enjoying and scarfing it down. Then I think I saw the GSM clown feed the anemone...

It was so cool. He would grab a chunk from the water column, and go over and spit it out at the anemone....do they do that? Or was it coincidence?

I just thought of something. Is upgrading my lighting going to hurt my anemone? It was bleached when I got it. I think it's just starting to get some color back...looks like it's going to be a rose BTA.

If I jump my lights from 72w 10000k PC & 72w Actinic PC

to 150w 14000K HQI & 72w Actinic PC

is that going to re-bleach the anemone? Or hurt anything else in the tank?

You are more than doubling the light output to your tank. You need to photo acclimate your tank with that change in lighting. You can use a few sheets of window screen on the top, removing one sheet each week. You can also cut down on the photo period.

Well, I decided to take my bleached BTA back to the LFS today. 3 Months and it looks no better, maybe even a little worse.
I walked in and told the guy that I wanted a refund since he sold me a sick anemone.
Waiting for him to laugh, he surprised me. Said he would give me full credit for another one.
So, I picked out a HEALTHY RBTA. Big enough to host my mated pair of GSM's.
Gave it a good 1.5 hour drip, placed it in the other ones spot.
It's been about 5 hours, he's opened abut 2/3's and the GSM's dove right in.
SOOOO, hopefully we will have better luck this time.

New Addition Pics

Here are a few pics of the new family member. The lights kinda wash out the color in the picture. It's not bleached..it's actualy pretty dark.

Attachments

• RBTA1.jpg
    RBTA1.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 104
  • RBTA2.jpg
    RBTA2.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 79
  • RBTA3.jpg
    RBTA3.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 111
  • RBTA4.jpg
    RBTA4.jpg