Clown problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hinds04

Aquarium Advice Addict
my clown just started chasing my canary blenny around and wont let him come out of the rockwork. Is this normal, will he stop? Could it be just a temporary thing?

Hi

My tomato clown was doing the same thing to my common clown , but he did stop after a day or so nowthe live in peace :)

Hope yours does too

it's not abnormal for clowns to be aggressive and territorial. i have a maroon in the gym tank i maintain that is a monster. he doesn't let any fish come within a foot of the anemone. he also doesn't allow me to place any corals near it either. this has been going on for over a year.

He is chasing the blenny all around a 75. Been going on for two days now

Do you guys think adding a more aggressive fish would help. I'm considering a kole tang.

Hinds04 said:
Do you guys think adding a more aggressive fish would help. I'm considering a kole tang.

No they will just end up killing each other if the chasing continues QT the aggressive clown and try rearranging the rocks I heard it works good helping a fishes agression. I tried on my two Tangs and for me it worked great.

i never thought a kole tang as more aggressive than a clown, but i also agree that adding a more aggressive fish will just compound the problem. return the clown for credit worst case scenario, and then add one last if you must.

How long have you had the clown and blenny? I have a pair of Sebae Clowns (there is a canary blenny in that tank too) The female is a bully to the male, which seems to be the norm. The only time i notice her chasing other fish is during feeding time. I also have lots of Live Rock with many hidey holes throughout it.

Back
Top Bottom