Clown question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigjbones

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently got a 2ed perc clown - hoping the would host one another. They don't. Rarely even go near each other. Is it ok to get another one? I heard abou pairs of clown dish are best. Ut don't know much/ head about three? Any one have advice ?

When you try to "mate" a pair of clownfish one needs to be prettyy much bigger than the other. You need a large clown and a small one. If they are moth males the larger one will morph into a female. But there does need to be size difference.

Its also not a quick process. Mine took almost a year to establish dominance, become a mated pair, and spawn. Just like everything else in this hobby it takes time and patience. Good luck

Like they said above get a much larger clown if want to breed them and just wait I have had several of my clowns for a while now and they still haven't mated.

I'm sure it might just take longer, but my clowns were about the same size when I got them. They "fought" for a while and then the female just became much larger. Seems like it might save some time and stress to buy one larger than the other but it will work if they're the same size.

BallinCrew10 said:
I'm sure it might just take longer, but my clowns were about the same size when I got them. They "fought" for a while and then the female just became much larger. Seems like it might save some time and stress to buy one larger than the other but it will work if they're the same size.

Well it just depends on if you want to wait or not. I had 2 small clowns at first then one day at Pet Co they had 2 clowns that were much larger than my smaller clowns but buying both was my mistake. The largest one will usually dominat the smaller one so if you don't buy another one then just wait a bit it will happen soon.

Back
Top Bottom