clown questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oyf709

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Last few weeks I had a ich out break so i removed all fish to a QT and used copper treatment in the QT. After the 6 weeks I put my fish back to my display tank(all ich seems gone). My purple tang got HLLE which got better really fast after the water quality went back up(My QT is lack of filtration and 10% water change per day seems not enough for a 33g QT)
Now I found small black dots on both of my percula.The spots are way bigger than ich and doesn't looks like anything stick up from the grill.
There are about 3-4 spots on the body also tail.Both fish seems eating well, swimming well and didn't show sign of any problem.(at least for the 3 days out of the QT). Do u think it might just be some scratch that start healing?The funny thing is for one the fish the black spot only apeared on one side.I am not sure about the other.
Anyone might give at least some hint or direction for me to go find my answer?

well black ich suppose smaller than a pin head...but the spot on my clown is bigger than its eyes

You've got me scratching my head. Can you supply a photo? Personally, I've never come across anything like what you are describing. Perhaps someone else here has. Is it one black spot or a few? Is it bumpy? does it protrude from the scales? Or is it smooth?

its quite had to take a photo, but it doesn't looks any diffeent from normal part of the grill.It just looks like my pen drop few drop of ink onto the clown and left some ink mark.It doesn't looks like any dmg to the grill simply like that part of the body got dyed. Also both fish got few spots are like that.

How significant are the spots? Do they stand out from the rest of the fish or does it look like it bleeds into their other coloring? You didn't mention if it was smooth or rough or bumpy. Have you felt these spots? The best way to do this is to put stress coat on your hands before handling the fish so the acids on fingers do not damage their slime coats. Sometimes such physical examination is needed. Careful around their gills. They do have what I call cheek spines like angels do. It's a single spike at the edge of the gill. They can hurt if you run your hand into them.

i did try to touch it..it doesn't feels any different from the rest of the body.However,the color stands out which made it looks like something really strange and can see from quite some distance. No bleeding or anything, as i said it just looks like got some black ink dyed that part of the body.Quite wired.

I'll talk to someone I know who might be able to help with this mystery. One thought I had was perhaps they are true percs, but the black on true percs bleed outward from the black bands instead of blotched like what you seem to be describing. What I mean by bleed is expand. Not actually blood bleeding. Sorry if I confused you with that. It would be great if you can get a snap shot somehow.

i know wat u mean, true percula had the black marks extended from the main black band but mine got random black "ink spot". Well one of the clown is gone now, got sucked into my intake when my LR knocked off the cap of in take. sigh, feeling so bad to removed it to the refugium the first place for closer examination.

Back
Top Bottom