clown vs firefish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vwgolf0660

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
just brought a clown fish today, and it seems like its bullies the only fish in the tank which is a firefish goby. My firefish's been in hiding ever since i put the clown in. I thought clowns are peace fishes?...is this normal?

How big is your tank? I have not had problems with my clowns and my firefish, but They have plenty of room.

RocketSeason said:
How big is your tank? I have not had problems with my clowns and my firefish, but They have plenty of room.
six gallons

Man that is small. What kind of clown is it? You are pushing it with 2 fish in a 6 gallon.

I am added another clown or a firefish to my 10 gallon soon. That will be it though.

Yeah thats the problem. the tank is way to small.

You might get away with having a firefish alone in there but I honestly would not put those fish together in anything less a 30 gallon.

In my opinion, multi species tanks should be no less than 30 gallons. Your fish need plenty of room to establish territorys.

Tank is small but the fire fish are nervous fish so it may come out in a day or 2.... You need a bigger tank or lose a fish..... JMO2

Back
Top Bottom