Clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redsea

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi, right now I have a ocellaris clown. Can I add a different type of clown? Please say yes LOL.

How big is your Tank? You could house then as long as they are the same spieces if not they will fight to the dead, I've seen B&W pair up with a regular O. Clown- Just make sure they are O. Clowns and not Percs??

Last edited:
Right now I have an ocellaris in my 34 gallon and I wanted to add a black ocellaris so that would work right?

I say yes as long as it's a oscellaris it should be fine. just get a smaller one than the one you have, better shot of them being male/female that way and less chance of aggression in my opinion.

carey said:
I say yes as long as it's a oscellaris it should be fine. just get a smaller one than the one you have, better shot of them being male/female that way and less chance of aggression in my opinion.

Ok thanks for your help!

I'm new to SW but would their be a chance of cross breeding?

It CAN happen though it would be rare, and even rarer to get the fry to grow up. :-(

They have black ice clowns and all sort of mutations....

It takes alot to breed clowns (actually most fish as they see their young as food).

ORA just released they mixed a snowflake with a B&W and made a B&W snowflake.. looks epic!

Just wondering because i might consider a regular osc and a B&W one for my tank once it get it set up.

It takes alot to breed clowns (actually most fish as they see their young as food).

ORA just released they mixed a snowflake with a B&W and made a B&W snowflake.. looks epic!

Not in my pond. LOL The Koi and Pond Commits are breeding like crazy. Seems we see a new fish every day. I am seriously over stocked right now and need to find a home for some of them. LOL Either that or convince my dogs not to scare off the Blue Heron anymore. They would make quick work of the small ones.

Not in my pond. LOL The Koi and Pond Commits are breeding like crazy. Seems we see a new fish every day. I am seriously over stocked right now and need to find a home for some of them. LOL Either that or convince my dogs not to scare off the Blue Heron anymore. They would make quick work of the small ones.

Craigslist and sell them.... or make a bigger pond :p

Back
Top Bottom