Clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Precious_Scarface

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi i was just wondering i was thinking of makin a fowlr but i just want a clownfish so i was wondering if it was possible to get a anemone or however you spell it for the clownfish and which kindy is hardier ect..

Yeah definitely. However, anemones need the tank to be pretty established. A lot of people say to wait a year. I put mine in after only 6 months but only b/c my water parameters hadn't changed for 5 months straight.

To answer your questions though carpets are super hardy and bubble tips are pretty hardy as well. Those are the only two I feel comfortable with right now so if there are other hardy anemones out there I don't know what they are.
And or lighting you'll need a lot. They use photosynthesis for a lot of their energy. I'm running aqua illuminations LED's

The clownfish will do just fine without an anemone so don't feel like they need to be put in at the same time.

Shirtlessbill said:
Yeah definitely. However, anemones need the tank to be pretty established. A lot of people say to wait a year. I put mine in after only 6 months but only b/c my water parameters hadn't changed for 5 months straight.

To answer your questions though carpets are super hardy and bubble tips are pretty hardy as well. Those are the only two I feel comfortable with right now so if there are other hardy anemones out there I don't know what they are.
And or lighting you'll need a lot. They use photosynthesis for a lot of their energy. I'm running aqua illuminations LED's

The clownfish will do just fine without an anemone so don't feel like they need to be put in at the same time.

Swell advice. I would like to add that the op dis spell anemone right :)

Great i just wanted a single fish with his little home almost like goldfish bowl but instead its a nemo fish in a 10 gallon for my daughter

Back
Top Bottom