clownfish!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sHistA

Aquarium Advice Regular
i just added 2 perc clownfish in my tank i added them yesterday and today i tried yo feed them flakefood. first they loked at it got near it and then just swam away. then about 5 hours later i put more flakefood and it took a tini bite of it and then it fell to the floor. what should i do?? and when can i add more fish??

It will probably take a couple days for your clownfish to adjust to your tank and start eating regularly. Do not try and feed too many times during the day because you could end up polluting the tank. I would give them a day to adjust and then try feeding again. I would start them with something like frozen mysis and add some garlic to entice them.

You should wait at least 4 weeks to add another fish to the system. You could go buy a new fish right now, get him in QT, and by the time the QT period is over your main tank will be ready for a new addition.

Good Luck!!

tripper

live brine is very tempting for fish. You should only feed a tiny bit though... Fish can go without food for several days with no trouble, but the will die quickly if too much uneaten food sits in the tank.

Cyclopeeze is good too.

brine shrimp are like potato chips. Filling, but not very nutritious. I would go with Mysis shrimp instead. What size tank are you running? The smaller your tank, the more careful you need to be about over feeding as well as the effects of cheap frozen foods. (cheap frozen foods can be high in phosphates/nitrates which can contribute to algae and cyano outbreaks)

I myself feedmy fish a variety of foods. I feed twice per day. One time frozen food the other dry food.

Frozen:

Formula One - Made by Ocean Nutrition
Sqid- Hikari
Super Shrimp- Enriched w/ Omega 3 Fatty Acids, Extra Vitamins and Amino Acids - Made by Ocean Nutrition
Marine Cuisine- Made by San Francisco Bay Brand

My Dry food is:

Aquarian Marine Flake Food
Nutrifin Max Marine Complete Food
Formula Two w/ 2% garlic added- Ocean Nutrition

I rotate the food I give my fish gives them abit of variety and they all seem to like it.

today i opened the light and i onlyt saw one out of the 2 clownfish swimming around i looked for an ohour and the other one still dident show up is it dead ??

today i found the clownfish it wa be hind a rock its been sitting there all day swimming a lil the other one is slowly swimming around the tank with its mouth opeden and its not eatin .. is this normal??

Back
Top Bottom