Clownfish aggressive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raleighfishnerd

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So had these clownfish about a year now and the last month or so the female has been real aggressive towards the male and keeps grabbing his tail and holding onto it and sometimes shaking him. Anyone got any clues as to why

sounds like she is wanting to mate , mine do every spring and fall its kind of neat watching how they care for their eggs

Well obviously he is not doing what she wants. If it continues do you(anybody) think I should move him to my other tank and find her a new mate

Well obviously he is not doing what she wants. If it continues do you(anybody) think I should move him to my other tank and find her a new mate

exactly when do any of us guys do what the females want ? :cool:

clowns may look aggressive during the spawning period it's just a part of there nature. nothing to be concerned with this is a mating dance the female is showing the male she wants his attention.

this is a perfect time to experience the other side of these fish something to cherish as their bond is just beginning .

if you start looking around the tank you should start to see eggs on the glass or undersides of rocks . this is when you see both clowns taking turns brushing the eggs.(y)

Last edited:
So for the last week my clowns have only been close to each other when They see me get near the tank, that’s when the female attacks

Back
Top Bottom