Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-19-2012, 02:26 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Clownfish & Anemone

We sold our freshwater tank to some guy off of Craigslist for $100 & he gave us everything out of his saltwater tank. That included a clownfish that is five years old, flowerpot, rock, shrimp, etc. the clownfish hosts the flowerpot.. I originally wanted two clownfish not one & the guy told me not to get another since he will be aggressive towards another. I have two condylactis in my tank & I was told that clowns don't hosts those types of anemones?? I've looked at several websites but I can't figure out which type of anemones a clown will host..
I want to find a new home for the clown & go buy two of them but I also need to get rid of my anemones & buy two more that the clowns will actually host.. I'm worried the clown I currently have with kill my flowerpot. He constantly rubs on it & it gets mad & goes all in. Can anyone help me, please? Thanks!

"But let there be spaces in your togetherness and let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of love: let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls."-Khalil Gibran
mrs.octavia.rollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:41 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Green bubble tipped anemone. My clown loves his
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-354115540.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	181.2 KB
ID:	125961  

Old 10-19-2012, 02:46 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-Nu the eel
Green bubble tipped anemone. My clown loves his
Ah that's very pretty!! I like that, may have to get a couple of them! Thank you!
"But let there be spaces in your togetherness and let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of love: let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls."-Khalil Gibran
Old 10-19-2012, 03:05 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Haha thanks! they can be pricey though..... i scored a huge one for 24 dollars before tax! Lol there are also red bubble tipped anemones, sebae anemones, and ritterie anemones. Clowns will host them all!
Old 10-19-2012, 03:08 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-Nu the eel View Post
Haha thanks! they can be pricey though..... i scored a huge one for 24 dollars before tax! Lol there are also red bubble tipped anemones, sebae anemones, and ritterie anemones. Clowns will host them all!
WOW! How'd you get such a great deal?!! I bet some stores would sell a half dead one for that price, not a healthy large nem.

- Winston Churchill
obscurereef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:22 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscurereef

WOW! How'd you get such a great deal?!! I bet some stores would sell a half dead one for that price, not a healthy large nem.
Haha southern california.... Lots of fish stores = tons of competition for the customers. Everyone drops their prices because of that. I bet what i paid for that nem was almost whole sale! Haha thanks guys
Old 10-19-2012, 03:39 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-Nu the eel View Post
Haha southern california.... Lots of fish stores = tons of competition for the customers. Everyone drops their prices because of that. I bet what i paid for that nem was almost whole sale! Haha thanks guys
Lol...same, I live in Southern Cali too and there are about 5 LFS all fairly close to each other. Maybe I should start negotiating, but I doubt, I could get a deal like that!

- Winston Churchill
Old 10-19-2012, 03:42 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:

Lol...same, I live in Southern Cali too and there are about 5 LFS all fairly close to each other. Maybe I should start negotiating, but I doubt, I could get a deal like that!
Wow, being in California is probably cheaper than here in Arizona. I seem at one of our local stores just a couple hours ago selling on for $125 & in the picture is looked really small.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:52 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Maybe it's so expensive b/c of the cost of the chillers used! I would imagine having a saltwater tank in AZ without a chiller would be a nightmare!

- Winston Churchill
Old 10-19-2012, 10:02 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Maybe it's so expensive b/c of the cost of the chillers used! I would imagine having a saltwater tank in AZ without a chiller would be a nightmare!
I haven't come across anyone with a chiller just yet. I don't have one & I don't have a heater either.

Tags
anemone, clown, clownfish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com