Clownfish & Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrs.octavia.rollins

Aquarium Advice Regular
We sold our freshwater tank to some guy off of Craigslist for $100 & he gave us everything out of his saltwater tank. That included a clownfish that is five years old, flowerpot, rock, shrimp, etc. the clownfish hosts the flowerpot.. I originally wanted two clownfish not one & the guy told me not to get another since he will be aggressive towards another. I have two condylactis in my tank & I was told that clowns don't hosts those types of anemones?? I've looked at several websites but I can't figure out which type of anemones a clown will host..
I want to find a new home for the clown & go buy two of them but I also need to get rid of my anemones & buy two more that the clowns will actually host.. I'm worried the clown I currently have with kill my flowerpot. He constantly rubs on it & it gets mad & goes all in. Can anyone help me, please? Thanks!

Green bubble tipped anemone. My clown loves his :)

Attachments

• image-354115540.jpg
    image-354115540.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 63
Haha thanks! :) they can be pricey though..... :eek: i scored a huge one for 24 dollars before tax! Lol there are also red bubble tipped anemones, sebae anemones, and ritterie anemones. Clowns will host them all!

Haha thanks! :) they can be pricey though..... :eek: i scored a huge one for 24 dollars before tax! Lol there are also red bubble tipped anemones, sebae anemones, and ritterie anemones. Clowns will host them all!

WOW! How'd you get such a great deal?!! I bet some stores would sell a half dead one for that price, not a healthy large nem.

obscurereef said:
WOW! How'd you get such a great deal?!! I bet some stores would sell a half dead one for that price, not a healthy large nem.

Haha southern california.... Lots of fish stores = tons of competition for the customers. Everyone drops their prices because of that. I bet what i paid for that nem was almost whole sale! Haha :) thanks guys

Haha southern california.... Lots of fish stores = tons of competition for the customers. Everyone drops their prices because of that. I bet what i paid for that nem was almost whole sale! Haha :) thanks guys

Lol...same, I live in Southern Cali too and there are about 5 LFS all fairly close to each other. Maybe I should start negotiating, but I doubt, I could get a deal like that!

obscurereef said:
Lol...same, I live in Southern Cali too and there are about 5 LFS all fairly close to each other. Maybe I should start negotiating, but I doubt, I could get a deal like that!

Wow, being in California is probably cheaper than here in Arizona. I seem at one of our local stores just a couple hours ago selling on for $125 & in the picture is looked really small.

Maybe it's so expensive b/c of the cost of the chillers used! I would imagine having a saltwater tank in AZ without a chiller would be a nightmare!

obscurereef said:
Maybe it's so expensive b/c of the cost of the chillers used! I would imagine having a saltwater tank in AZ without a chiller would be a nightmare!

I haven't come across anyone with a chiller just yet. I don't have one & I don't have a heater either. :)

Back
Top Bottom