Clownfish and Anemones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diabeeteez14

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have an anemone (not sure what kind) and two tank raised percula clownfish. How do I get them to live in the anemone?

how about a pic of the anemone and there is NO way to get clowns to go to an anemone. Not all clowns will host with every anemone and there may be clowns that wont host with any anemones. It could take a clown 6 min or 6 months to host, if it happens its a good thing..

Good luck and hope its fast..

I agree that there is no guantee. I have a BTA and both my clowns host a pagoda cup and a bubble coral. (the one on my avatar). They refuse to go to the BTA.

I agree that it really is hit or miss. When i first got my BTA, my O. clowns wouldn't go near it.

So i did some research and read this post about a guy putting one of those lettuce clips that look like a clown fish next to the BTA. He said that the clowns think it's another one of them and they'll go check it out thus bringing them closer to the BTA...which he claims helps them begin to host in the anemone. Now, there is no real evidence that this method works but I tried it and my clowns were hosting within a day. It may have been luck but I would at least try it. My $.02.

Back
Top Bottom