Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-05-2011, 04:01 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
i have heard of putting a picture of a clownfish at the glass near where the 'nem is might work too, or a mirror...

mr_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:12 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak
Originally Posted by mr_X View Post
i have heard of putting a picture of a clownfish at the glass near where the 'nem is might work too, or a mirror...
Sounds interesting might try this!

Live & Let Live!
SAAVE853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:48 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Send a message via Yahoo to bourbondrinkin
Clown fish and anemones is what I've been doing for years. First off, almost all and any species of clownfish will get along and thrive when added to a new tank together. With clowns after a couple of weeks, one will become female and the female is the boss. They kind of work like wolves, a pack mentality kind of thing, the largest female being the alpha, all the other clowns, males, having their place in the pack according to size and type of clown. In my experience, maroons are absolutely the most agressive and are almost always the female. Tomatoes and cinnamons are next. Clarkii, saddleback, orange skunk, and sebaes are kind of neutral with slight tendencies either way. Pink skunk, ocellaris, and percales are tame. As far as hosting, any clown might host in any anemone and any clown may never host in any anemone. It's an individual thing with each and every clown. Your chances of a false perc hosting a sebae is pretty good except that the maroons presence may prevent that. Maroons hosting sebaes are not very common, but it may happen. The two clowns will not host together and more than likely, the maroon become female and run the tank. If you decide to get another anemone, try some type of long tentacle or a carpet anemone. I hope I gave you some good info about clowns and hosting!
bourbondrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:34 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist
Thanks for the advice I'm thinking ok trying a few of the things I read.

MississippiFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

anemone, clown, clownfish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com