Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-12-2012, 08:35 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yeah 30 gallons is tough. Only got 3 fish or so. But a pair of clowns is great and if ever spawned tank could put money into your pocket if found somewhere to sell babies. Pair of clowns and anemone is a awesome thing to have in a tank. But again it is your decision.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yuup... I dont know what to do, but do you think it would help if i added more fish? Maybe stir things up a bit? Haha

Old 02-12-2012, 10:03 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

I had 2 clowns when I first started my tank and purchased them as a pair. They were fine got at each other a few times. Then my son dumped all the fish food in the tank and long story short my female passed away. So I went to the lfs and got an even bigger one considering the one that passed was female it would be easier for the male. They paired up almost instantly and have been even better than the first pair. Imo the bigger the size difference the better. And they have been hosting my green bubble tip nem ever since. It is definatly a sight to be seen.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:21 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Oh very cool. Thats really good because my clown is TINY! Hes just a baby, so i could find a really big one an that would be great! Haha we will see
Old 02-12-2012, 10:25 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

My clown pretty much swims circles around a part of the rock formation and hovers next to it. It's perfectly healthy but has it's own "spot" in my 29gallon. I have 3 fish, 2 snails and 5 hermits, the other two fish swim everywhere but the clown doesn't. It was the first fish in my tank too so it has been "shaken up" several times but the rock is still it's home. He's been happy and healthy in my tank for about 2 years now.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:30 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

My clowns are paired and one sleeps vertically behind my heater and the other on the sand right next to the heater and during the day they are unseperable like today they worked together trying to kill a single amphipod mabey 1mm long but after about 40 mins of mauling it,biting it then spitting it out,and passing it back and forth they couldnt finish the lil guy off! Lol he got away haha clowns are the best!
Old 02-12-2012, 10:34 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hahah really? Thats awesome!! I would like to get two, but in a 30 thats about half of the fish i can get. Is it worth it?
Old 02-12-2012, 10:36 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

Get it and if you get small fish that arent very active swimmers you could get mabey 3 more fish just do your homework and it could work
Old 02-12-2012, 10:37 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Cool! If you want to visit my thread it says the exact stock and everything, but 5 fish is what we are goin for thanks! We will think about another clown!
Old 02-13-2012, 12:27 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Freak

Right now I have 2 clowns 1 sailfin tang 1" long a yellow watchman goby I know the tang has to go eventually but for now he's fine. Ill probably trade him in soon for a flasher wrasse and my bioload is fine

Tags
behavior, clown, clownfish, clownfish behavior

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com