Clownfish Behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KeeperOfFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My two ocellaris clownfish have been hanging in the right back corner of my biocube for a while now. All day every day they move the sand away or out of the corner until there is no more there. I always push the sand back but they do it again. Can anyone explain this behavior to me?

KeeperOfFish said:
My two ocellaris clownfish have been hanging in the right back corner of my biocube for a while now. All day every day they move the sand away or out of the corner until there is no more there. I always push the sand back but they do it again. Can anyone explain this behavior to me?

May be trying to lay eggs, they like laying them on a flat surface but usually they do it after they have made a home..maybe their organizing by moving sand out?

armyman16 said:
May be trying to lay eggs, they like laying them on a flat surface but usually they do it after they have made a home..maybe their organizing by moving sand out?

I originally thought they were trying to lay eggs too, should I put in something flat and see what happens? And maybe so.

My spawning clowns constantly move sand. Seems like they do it for some protection. They sleep in the hole they make as well as lay eggs. Try putting a ceramic tile in tank. Rough side up. The day before and day off spawning the female clown gets little white thing coming out of her stomach where she lays her eggs from. Don't know what it is called tho.

Mpfaff77 said:
My spawning clowns constantly move sand. Seems like they do it for some protection. They sleep in the hole they make as well as lay eggs. Try putting a ceramic tile in tank. Rough side up. The day before and day off spawning the female clown gets little white thing coming out of her stomach where she lays her eggs from. Don't know what it is called tho.

Thank you, I'll do that.

Back
Top Bottom