clownfish behavior, never seen this before.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marc118

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My clown seems to be diggin a hole? trying to get under this rock for some reason???????????

all levels 0
ph 8.2

I can upload a video if needed.....

Thats exactly it. I wouldnt mind at all but she is clouding my water!!!!!

That's hilarious because that is exactly what my clown did. He stopped doing it all the time but still does it occasionally.

HTH

:lol: Most fish will do this from time to time. My Yellow Tang does this at least once a week to make a hole to settle into for the night.

My Pseudochromis just recently started taking mouthfuls of sand and spits it out on top of one rock for some reason :roll:

Face it, fish are just weird sometimes
crazy4me.gif

My Cinnamon clown has started to act funny but it is different from this. I can't see it because I am not as the same state as my tank but my wife says that the female is floating at the top of the water with her tail at the top. She swims down and seems to scratch herself on the rocks and then just floats back up and hangs out. Any ideas? She doesn't have anything on her skin or anything.

Hey i just watched the video and it looks like the fish not moving the sand on purpose but going after something in the rock! Or eating things that are found in the sand.

Yes, clownfish will do this from time to time for various reasons. Some more often than others.

As the above poster mentioned, it looks to me like your clownfish is agitating the sand to find things to eat. After it messes up the sand, it looks around and goes after a few things floating in the water.

Well the wife told me the fins on the clown are pretty tore up so I am going to have her placed the clown in the quarantine tank and treat it for that. She has some scale damage from scratching on the rock so hopefully this will help her heal quickly. Any suggestions on what to treat her with? I have melafix and something else but I can't remember what its called. Thanks and sorry for hijacking the thread.

Back
Top Bottom