Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-03-2008, 11:32 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishturtles View Post
. They will fight, probably pretty hardcore for a while, but then, like Cccapt mentioned, they will chill out and start loving each other.
HTH
Kinda like when my girlfriend was wanting to get married and fighting me like crazy (no biting thankfully) when I gave in and asked her to marry me she started to chill out now we love each other. And I guess there was a little shaking going on at the club during the initial attraction phase as well LOL

FijiWigi_Tank_photos
120G Oscar tank in progress
fijiwigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 01:47 AM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

haha i first saw this thread and it reminded me of my clownfish, i have a maited pair but when i put my hand in the tank to clean or something the male hides and the female bites me! you know at first it was just kinda bumpin my hand saying "get out my tank!" (they were the first added) But now i can feel her little mouth nip at my hands and its actually starting to hurt a bit. Its really annoying when im trying to move corals and she comes outta nowhere and scares me and i drop it. My mom and brother used to laugh at me saying "big bad lacrosse player gets beat up by the little fish" and other such mockings but then i made them clean the tank and they never gave me crap again...I was going to try and get a video, its actually funny to watch as long as its not your hand!

Old 04-04-2008, 04:19 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

wow Jimbo. thats funny. But what is even more amazing is the courage your little female has to defend her little man against your whole humongous arm lol
Old 04-04-2008, 10:29 AM   #14
AA Team Emeritus

cleaning my tank is kinda like a western now, as soon as my hand enters the tank all my other fish hide in the rocks but the clown is starin me down from across the dusty road...
Old 04-04-2008, 10:30 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

Location: Tired of the mod power plays; gone to another forum
THIS is why we need video's not just pictures
Old 04-04-2008, 02:55 PM   #16
AA Team Emeritus

I've watched my A. percula grow from tiny little fish to a mated pair over the last 3 years. They are always fun to watch. Fortunately I do not get bit too often when I'm doing maintenance in the tank.
cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 04:09 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Smile

I have an adult maroon clown that I've raised since he was a baby. He lived with only a mandarin goby in a 30 gallon coral tank.He never bothered the goby. he got moved into the 210 gallon and just chills. and every new fish we have put in he has left alone. Just a real mellow fish i guess. Did i get lucky?
Old 04-11-2008, 01:07 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Regular

My tank has a violent clown as well... he shoots out from his little cave to bite my hand. Really annoying when I'm moving stuff around.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:25 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to blindskate
i got both my clowns when they were small and theyre best buds, ive never herd of a clown being aggressive...thats odd.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:24 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Freak

my friend got a clown and he kept it as a pair, it stressed the other one so bad it died, then he bought two more, and they didnt last with it either;

his clown (occ.) is unbelievably angry its nuts- he has since chilled out a lot though, but it could have had to do with him adding an angel fish and him taking over "big dog on the block" status.

Tags
biting, clown, clownfish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com