Clownfish breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Codyheitmiller

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Will clowns lay eggs if there are other fish in the tank. My female is 3 inches the mail is 2, the female gets big right behind her fins but a week later she's back to her normal size. I've only seen eggs one after I killed them on accident and after that I haven't.

if she gets big then back to normal she's laying eggs,check out where the male is hanging out and you'll find the clutch.they normally lay every 10-14 days,and hatch in 8 days.check under and aroud LR.or put your hand in the tank,move towards the clowns,if they go for you there's eggs near.

my clowns just stick to one area and their always together but yesterday for like half the day they were on opposite sides of the tank i think they had a fight lol

That's how mine are. They are never together most of the time. I think it's because they have so many "homes" they have claimed

This is a list of what they host. My colt coral, both Ritteris, my BTA, a clay pot and a patch of green star polyp.

All four of my clowns are inseperable. They are always together and roam the tank. They havn't hosted to anything yet and I don't really expect them to. I've heard tank raised ones don't always have the instinct.

Back
Top Bottom