clownfish compatibilty?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ayesha97

Aquarium Advice Freak
Went into the LFS and drooled over the MANY MANY black and white false percs they had. Does anyone know how a b&w false perc will behave with a normal colored false perc? I have a 20 gal tank and would like to get another clown. I talked with the guys at the LFS and they didn't think it would be a problem because they are the same species. I just don't want to have unhappy fish esp is such a small tank. Has anyone tried this combination??? (and if it looks like it won't work out- that will just save me $60! *sigh* but they are so cute!)

Thanks

$60 for the B&W perc!!!! 8O How big is it? That is a very high price.

I have seen the two different ones in a pic here in a qt... :D

They had a bunch of different sizes, but since my current clown is not very big, need to find one smaller than it.
And yes.. $60 is a bunch for one fish, thats why I wouldnt' be terribly upset if they didn't get along.

If your current ocellaris has reached maturity and been alone in your tank for a month there is a good chance that it has become a female. As long as you get a juvenile black white ocellaris it should be ok.

IMO, $60 for a black white ocellaris is an outragous price and should be no more than $30(still high). You can get a captive bred Onyx perc for $70 which is in the more difficult to obtain category. It has been know that ocellaris and percs can form a pair bond.

60 bucks is rather pricey. I have seen them at my LFS for around 30 bucks. I think that Percs and Ocellaris clowns have good temprements. the tomato clowns can be territorial. Not positive, but I belive that the B&W clowns are also easy going. I would get a smaller juvinille clown so that pairing goes easily.

I don't want to steal the thread or anything but I do have a quick question... Are the black and white perc's a color variety that are found in nature? Or have the been selectively bread from mutations that have occurred during captive breeding programs? Anybody know?

Back
Top Bottom