Clownfish Completely Disappeared... :'(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishmanJosh

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well. I have just had a power cut, in which the temperature of my 20gal / 90litres dropped somewhat dramatically. Down to around 15 celcius instead of 20 :(. The power cut lasted for about 17hrs... The clowns have both survived dramatically low temperatures before (about 10 celcius) for a whole weekend when I discovered to my horror when I got back, that the heater was unplugged! (That is still a mystery to me). All other inhabitants survived that, and this power cut as well.

I came down this morning before I set off for school (yes I am 14 ;)) and both clowns were fine, however when I got back one of them had just vanished. There is no trace of him whatsoever (in the filter, on the floor etc) and no carcass, nothing. My Royal Gramma survived as well as the other clown which is strange because I thought Clowns were hardier, but it may not be the power cut at all, but something different.

As I said, it is a very small tank and so the only scavengers I have in there are one Emerald Crab and 4 Hermits, none of which could eat an almost fully grown Clown in a day, could they?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I wouldn't give up hope yet. Do you have alot of hiding places? He may be slightly in shock still from the temperature drop and laying low in a crevis somewhere in the rocks.

If he doesn't show up in a day or two then I'd start worrying and start looking. I have a cool little tool I made to help me look behind my rocks. I use a BBQ skewer with a small mirror glued to the end to help me look behind and locate hiders. Comes in handy sometimes when I'm trying to do an accountability check of livestock.

Back
Top Bottom