clownfish coolio!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edmonton Eskimo

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I had a maroon clownfish in my 50gal reef that hosted my sebae anemone after only a couple of days. I had a larger tomato clown in my fowlr tank that was being harrassed by my lunare wrasse and I didn't know what to do so I decided to try and put the tomato in with the maroon hoping for the best(if it didn't work out I would have given one of them away) but to my surprise three days later they are getting along quite nicely. As soon as I put the tomato in there he immediately kicked the maroon out of the anemone but since then there has been no agression at all and I think they will live together. I am currently in the process of getting another anemone for the maroon. I'm pretty excited about this so hopefully things continue to go well.

just a cautionary statement. Clownfish do not require anemone to be happy..introducing another anemone may cause issues between the anemone.

What size are the two clown species? Many people have thought fish would be "buddies" only to have them mature and then the gloves come off. With only 50g of space, I am not sure you are going to be that lucky.

I have heard of different types of clowns cohabitaning in a single tank, but a 50 gal might be a bit small. Additionally, you probably have the two most aggressive species. If they are both still juvenile keep a close eye on them. If they are of similar size then long term my money is on the Maroon. :wink:

Are there any other inhabitants?

Good luck,

the tomato is about four years old and the maroon is still fairly small. Today they were swimming aroung together so who knows.

Back
Top Bottom