Clownfish cross breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arickofficial

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So before you all say this is a big error I will tell you why I accepted the challenge of cross breeding clownfish, because I already made it one time, Ok so I change to France and obviously I started a new tank after cycled I bought one ocellaris and one maroon fish they didn't send the sizes I wanted :( they sent both same size, no problem first the maroon was really really agressive but then he started to host a ceramic flower pot and forgot the ocellaris, he was making there his territory kicking the sand everything but now it seems he finished it and he is attacking the ocellaris again something I can't get is why is he making a hole for the eggs if he doesn't like the other ocellaris, recently the maroon started to make that dance to mate but the ocellaris seems to tickle him when he wants to fight , already two months since I have them, both eat well , but maroon seems much more agressive now that he established his territory, is that Normal? Should I separate each other for a time?

since they been together a few months and haven't killed one another looks like you won that first battle, separating them now than reintroducing later down the line would be risky IMO , they would prob fight to the death , If the ones wanting to mate I would think the other will follow, once the female dominates the male the fighting or rough play will slow down , it's just taking a little longer for them to get used to one another ,
sounds to me you may have a chance, maybe someone else may have more insight on this. keep us posted

How big of a tank are they in? These are 2 separate genus of fish. Not like you can just add them, and hope for the best. Fish will lay eggs even if there is no mate for them.
I had a fw angelfish that would lay eggs like clockwork once a month but i didn't have a male to fertilize them.
This seems like a pretty immature system as well. Have you ever bred clowns before? It's not as easy as just throwing 2 fish in a tank and praying to the fish gods. Are you giving them a varied diet? Live foods?

Well I will separate for one night just because ocellaris could be killed this night, was already laying on the sand in a corner and the maroon only leaves the ceramic pot to attack him so now I need some time to ocellaris then I reintroduce him next day because I'm sure he would die

I know :) yes I already had a cross breeding pair and I know how it works obviously it's not just putting two clownfish and it's okay, no I mean water parameters , type of food , aquarium space they are essentials for breeding, I had a pair of maroon and ocellaris when I was in Portugal but there the fight ended sooner ahahaha I have 175 g , call me crazy but it's a challenge that I made in the past , I want to try again, the babies just look amazing...

Back
Top Bottom