Clownfish Fighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redsea

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi everyone, I recently got a Black and White Clownfish to accompany my Black Ice which I have had since last November. I knew that there would be some fighting over dominance, but I am not sure how extreme I should let it get. I will say that my new Clown is showing some wear from my old one. :( Should I give it a few more days before removing the new one? Thanks.

My opinion is yes wait for a few days to see if it improves. Provide more hiding places if possible. Make sure water quality to help the injure to heal. It is possible that they will fight till one die. So for future reference, pick a pair that are very different in size and make sure tank is big enough. My 2cents

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You could also stick the bully in a breeder net for a few days to allow the other clown to get comfortable and heal.

They may eventually get along, or they may fight to the death. There is no definite outcome. Try taping a picture of clownfish on the side of the tank. Maybe the bully will go after them for a bit instead of the resident.

I am going to try the breeder net for a little while and see if that helps some. I'll place the bully there.

Thanks everyone.

Back
Top Bottom