Clownfish fighting!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

harryggumb

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I've had a pair of ocellaris clowns that were only together about 2 months. Sadly one of them passed away. I recently just introduced a Wyoming White Clownfish. The 2 immediately started to fight. Are they going to be okay or should I be worried?

Next time if you add another clownfish make sure it is smaller than the one already in the tank

Hopefully I won't be adding another one. Do you think they'll be okay? Any suggestions on what I should do?

there the same size so they are fighting for dominance , once they figure out who rules who things should settle down ,

If they don't pair, one will kill the other. You should take one of them out. Edit: this will happen if they are both female. If they are still juveniles, they may work it out.

Okay well I'm really hoping that they work it out because I don't want one killing the other. They seemed to have calm down a little but I'm still unsure

as long as they seem to be getting along they'll be fine
if neither seem to have any marks or shredded fins they figured out who will be the dominate female and all will be ok

They aren't going after each other like they were when i first introduced the new one. They are swimming near each other and following each other but if the one gets too close the other seems to try to scare it away. Definitely trying to be the aggressor while the other one just wants to be friends

Okay good I mean definitely a few nips every once in awhile but nothing crazy. Just happy they seem to have worked it out

Back
Top Bottom