Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-27-2011, 02:58 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Freak

Hey following this thread, it's pretty cool I was wondering if you have any books on clowns you could refer me to I'm interested in learning more about my pair they seem to be in the " twitching " faze lol. Thanks

Old 07-27-2011, 03:21 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowsdime View Post
Hey following this thread, it's pretty cool I was wondering if you have any books on clowns you could refer me to I'm interested in learning more about my pair they seem to be in the " twitching " faze lol. Thanks
I haven't refered to any books but I've heard there is a good one about,I'll find out what its called for you.

David S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:29 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowsdime View Post
this is the book I was advise to read but didn't. Clownfish by Joyce Wilkerson
I refered to these 2 threads for additional tips http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/inde...owtopic=229199 and http://www.marinebreeder.org/phpbb/v...p?f=140&t=2213

happy reading,although I didn't use the funnel method I feel the bucket way better.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:33 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thanks! I'm interested in just learning alittle more about them all around but the mating is very interesting also!
Old 08-30-2011, 01:39 AM   #35
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Hey David I was wondering how you set up your breeding tanks I've looked all over the place trying to find a good way to set up breeding tanks with grow out systems for the fry and it's extremely hard to find post about the tanks set up for breeding. I'm also looking for a good breeding pair to start off with were do you reckamend me looking for one?
Old 09-14-2011, 03:57 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzybob4 View Post
Hey David I was wondering how you set up your breeding tanks I've looked all over the place trying to find a good way to set up breeding tanks with grow out systems for the fry and it's extremely hard to find post about the tanks set up for breeding. I'm also looking for a good breeding pair to start off with were do you reckamend me looking for one?
I built the whole system,its pretty easy,the way I've done it is so the fry will hatch and then grow until ready to ship out in the same system,Most people say to hatch the fry in a small round fish tank,this is only good for feeding the fry,PWC's in a fry tank can be a massive killer of the fry,The way I set mine up is they hatch into an old salt bucket with a very slow water supply into it,cut a square out of the bucket below the water level and cover it with some filter media,the bucket is secured within a fish tank which is plumbed to a sump and the growout tanks,normal pwc's can be done at a 10% rate helping with the survival of the fry.

An updated photo of some of the clowns now
Old 09-14-2011, 04:09 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice Addict

If I didn't have 10 other hobbies/projects all going at the same time I think this would be very cool to do. Just don't think I would be able to keep up with it. One SW tank, 2 Ponds and all the woodworking and home improvement projects keep me busy enough. LOL
Old 09-15-2011, 02:37 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnelson99 View Post
If I didn't have 10 other hobbies/projects all going at the same time I think this would be very cool to do. Just don't think I would be able to keep up with it. One SW tank, 2 Ponds and all the woodworking and home improvement projects keep me busy enough. LOL
hey,just plumb 2 more 12"x12"x8" tanks to your dt and your there!!!
Old 09-15-2011, 02:45 PM   #39
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by David S View Post
hey,just plumb 2 more 12"x12"x8" tanks to your dt and your there!!!
LOL Who needs a couch, love seat and coffee table in a family room anyway right???? LOL
Old 09-15-2011, 03:25 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnelson99 View Post
LOL Who needs a couch, love seat and coffee table in a family room anyway right???? LOL
Family room, dont you mean Fish room!!!!

Tags
clown, clownfish, fry, setup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com