Clownfish fry setup.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi, I know this thread is from a while back, however need your help. I have managed to raise around 20baby clownfish for 5 days the problem is that none of them seem to be growing!!?? They are in a 10 gallon tank and being fed regularly with rotifers the water is fine and I do water changes every 2 days. Any suggestions on why this maybe happening will be useful
Thanks!!

Hi, I know this thread is from a while back, however need your help. I have managed to raise around 20baby clownfish for 5 days the problem is that none of them seem to be growing!!?? They are in a 10 gallon tank and being fed regularly with rotifers the water is fine and I do water changes every 2 days. Any suggestions on why this maybe happening will be useful
Thanks!!
stop doing so many water changes,once a week is fine for 20 fry in a ten gallon,your just removing rots!Alos you need to be feeding them baby brineshrimp by now with the rots,then bbs on its own for a few days and then gradually add some finely crushed flake food with the bbs, after about 10-12 days just feed flake.

I can't wait to be doing this. My clowns started to spawn 6 months ago and i have been slowly setting up. Been growing phyto to feed my rotifers and I got 2 jugs of rotifers going is that enough? How do you get rotifers into fry tank? I have a sieve but when I pour roti water in the sieve collects other stuff like waste I guess and don't want that in fry tank. I clean rotifer jugs and harvest rotifers every 4 or 5 days. I also have a 10x loupe to try and check rotifer population. It doesn't seem like I have enough to supply fry. How do you know how much to feed and how many rotifers in fry tank? Sorry for so many questions.

Of course I go through all this and my clowns not spawning. I put ceramic tile in by there egg site and they haven't spawned since I put tile in. It is been 3 months. Any pointers on enticing them to spawn?

Hi David S I have been reading your post here but I didn't see anywheres were you talked about thr lighting schedule from hatch night to meta. Also i did not see anything being mentioned about the tanks being blacked out or keeping them covered with paper as I have read on other post.. Do you not do any of this with your setups?

This is an amazing thread. I am gonna plan this into my new tank build, then maybe when I get some time in my schedule I can give this a shot.

Back
Top Bottom