Clownfish help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronin33

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just finished cycling my tank (90 Gallon, fish only). Put my first fish in (A 5 inch Maroon Clownfish) but can't get her to eat. The first day she was swimming around the walls of the tank. Since then she's just hides amongst the LR. I've tried frozen Mysis, and Brine shrimp. Any other recommendations? W her hiding it's difficult to get food near her to motivate her to eat. Don't want to fill my tank up w food that'll just get broken down into Ammonia. Retested my aquarium. pH 8.3, Temp 78 degrees, 0ppm Ammonia/nitrite and nitrate. Advice!!!

Both my clowns absolutely love freeze dried Cyclop-eeze. They also like frozen Mysis, squid, emerald entree', and brine shrimp. Also...I through in frozen cyclops every now and then as well

My clowns eat anything i throw in there like piggys....they eat out of my fingers as well....They don't really seem to care. You can try adding garlic to the mix...that will stimulate their appetite

My clownfish hates flakes, but he really likes pellets once in awhile and loves mysis shrimp, brine shrimp. He will go nuts when I drop mysis into the tank.

I alternate between Formula Two Flakes and mysis. I currently feed them 1/4 cube every other day of mysis and like 1 large flake (crumbled up of course) on alternate days.

The clowns LOVE the mysis and go crazy when I drop it in. They Eat the Flakes too but they don't go crazy over it.

I wish my Coral Beauty would eat flakes too but he wont. I feel bad because currently he's only eating every other day.

Back
Top Bottom