Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-24-2012, 12:00 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

clownfish hosting trick worth trying.

i had heard if you have a clown who wont host an anemone to stick a picture of a clown hosting one and it might host. so i had a saddleback who had been hosting this anemone in the pet store and i bought him. then after my old anemone died due to insufficient lighting i bought the anemone as well. (after i bought a new light system of coarse. but when i got him he would swim around it but not touch it. so after a few days i remembered the picture trick but i dont have a printer so what i did instead was, i youtubed a video of a saddleback clownfish hosting an anemone on my brothers psvita. then i played it a couple times through while holding the vita up to the glass in front of the clown. after a few times through i left for a half hour and when i came back the saddleback was hosting the anemone.

Old 08-24-2012, 12:27 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yeah ive seen this too its pretty funny if you use a picture they rub up against the glass to it. How are those new lights they working good?

-Mark Twain
bigben2057 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:03 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

they are AWESOME!!! all my corals as well as the anemone are all open and healthy looking. and i really like how its not all blue light so the colors are a lot more vibrant.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:17 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLeggedHermit View Post
they are AWESOME!!! all my corals as well as the anemone are all open and healthy looking. and i really like how its not all blue light so the colors are a lot more vibrant.
Thats great they are really nice lights for the price I love em.

-Mark Twain
bigben2057 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:27 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

I love when an idea like that actually works. If only we knew about using a picture years ago. It would've saved a lot of people some major disappointment! Great post. Sometimes the simple solutions are the best.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:32 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Haha thats funny... Im using the picture trick as we speak but my clowns are too dumb to care.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:35 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-Nu the eel
Haha thats funny... Im using the picture trick as we speak but my clowns are too dumb to care.
Awe man I was hoping it would work out for you. Maybe your clowns are living in the Internet age along with the rest of us and don't care for books and photos. Just kidding. If it really would work out I'd have to call up a bunch of my buddies and tell em all about it! Maybe your fish feel safe and sound without a host. That's quite a peaceful tank you set up for em. They're gonna be happy either way.

Tags
clown, clownfish, ick, sting

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com