Clownfish never sleeps?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gear-head

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have just 2 False Percs in my mostly reef tank. I run a wavemaker during the day, but turn it off at night. At night, there is a Powerhead churning the surface, a fluval which runs GAC, skimmer and a HOB refugium running a RIO 800.

So even though the wavemaker is off, there's still a healthy current, although not as high as during the day.

At night, the two clowns seem to gravitate to a front corner of the tank where they pair up, and swim slowly together. I've read that clowns sleep, but these two never seem to have the opportunity because of the current.

Is this a problem?

Mine stay in the return pump flow all night long it seems. Not sure, but maybe they are sleeping then. Been doing fine for 5 months that way. You'd think they'd sleep where the current is slow to non-existent, but that's where they always are at night.

Is it a soft waggling swim wherein they stay in the same place? If it is that's just how they sleep, either in their anemone or close to the substrate.

mine sleep behind the pump flow, and one sleeps in the top corner, and the other one made his bed in the substrate, sometimes they remind me of people.

P-MAN

Back
Top Bottom