Clownfish problem?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mr.sneakysnacky said:
Thanks Jlsardina, My clownfishes dont have ich anymore so thank god! but like you said they could be in the tank. I will make sure to clean out the tank! and I was going to use my 10G as a QT

PH: 8.2
Ammonia: 0
Nitrate:0
Nitrite: 0
Salinity: 1.023

I'm always suspicious of anyone claiming 0 nitrates with a newly cycled and stocked tank. I would expect some nitrates at least. When you cycled the tank, did you see a spike of ammonia? Follows by a spike in nitrites? Followed by nitrate?

And you cannot treat ich simply by cleaning the tank.

I honestly dont know what I need to do to prove myself. Like do I need to shows you guys pictures. EXACT measurements of the parameters?

All I am asking for is help, but all you guys do is try to blame me for SOMETHING.

This community is not as good as I thought it would be.

Honestly what do I get out of lying? killing my fish? I mean that wasnt my intention when I decided to to start a fish tank.

mr.sneakysnacky said:
I honestly dont know what I need to do to prove myself. Like do I need to shows you guys pictures. EXACT measurements of the parameters?

All I am asking for is help, but all you guys do is try to blame me for SOMETHING.

This community is not as good as I thought it would be.

It's not about proving yourself. Exact parameters are what we need to see if you want anyone to be able to suggest what might be the cause. People ask you questions to determine what is going on. Remember we cannot see your tank, unlike our own tanks, we do jot know what you have done. That's is the reason for the questions.

I asked about the spikes in ammonia and nitrite to determine if your tanks is in fact cycled, as 3 weeks and 0 nitrate, while not impossible, is unusual!

RIGHT, and I gave you guys what results I had. All you told me was your suspicious. I mean how much more do I need to tell you? I mean yes I did see the spikes. I had the tank cycled 3 weeks BEFORE I put in any live stock besides LR. but right now all of it is dropping. and CURRENTLY at 0,0,0, after I put some live stock in.

Looks like you've done all you can. Just keep an eye on him for any returning ick or any other odd behavior. You checked your water and you say the ick is gone. Now it's out of your hands. I personally think something went wrong with acclimating him and that's the problem! Not blaming you, these things happen. If he is not swimming around in the next few days the chances of him making it are very slim tho.

Back
Top Bottom