Clowns...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skank-a-holic

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have read in the past that several people have 2 types of clowns in thier tanks with no problems. Is this true?

What I would like to do is this:

My wife had to have a "Nemo" (Percula) me on the other hand love the Clarkiii's. The Percula has been in the 75 gal tank for approx. a month now, I would like to purchase a Clarkii... can I do this? Will they fight to the death or just peck for a day or two then it is what it is from that point?

Thx!

Wow... what a wealth of knowledge this forum brings... :?

Well, for those of you who would like to know, I purchased a Clarkii clown yesterday morning and there has been no issues. Weird thing is, the 2 clowns actually are swimming together.

I had a maroon and a perc together for some time. The perc eventually disappeared but I'm hoping that I've now elimated the source of that (and many other) disappearances. I caught this HUGE crab yesterday! The thing was as big as a walnut and hairy!

skank-a-holic said:
Wow... what a wealth of knowledge this forum brings... :?

Be patient. Sometimes it just takes the right person to log on and not every member logs on every day, several times a day. :roll:

I have no personal experience mixing clowns so I was hesitant to post, but I imagine it would depend on the tanks size and the type of clown. As well as if you have a mating pair or not. As long as there is enough room for them each to establish their individual territories, I imagine you'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom