Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-02-2005, 10:21 PM   #1

Clowns...

I have read in the past that several people have 2 types of clowns in thier tanks with no problems. Is this true?

What I would like to do is this:

My wife had to have a "Nemo" (Percula) me on the other hand love the Clarkiii's. The Percula has been in the 75 gal tank for approx. a month now, I would like to purchase a Clarkii... can I do this? Will they fight to the death or just peck for a day or two then it is what it is from that point?

Thx!

Old 09-04-2005, 09:08 AM   #2

Wow... what a wealth of knowledge this forum brings...

Well, for those of you who would like to know, I purchased a Clarkii clown yesterday morning and there has been no issues. Weird thing is, the 2 clowns actually are swimming together.

Old 09-04-2005, 09:18 AM   #3
JG
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I've had a clarki and sebae together with no issues.
Old 09-04-2005, 09:22 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

I had a maroon and a perc together for some time. The perc eventually disappeared but I'm hoping that I've now elimated the source of that (and many other) disappearances. I caught this HUGE crab yesterday! The thing was as big as a walnut and hairy!

Join the NJ Reef Club Today! Saving the world's reefs one living room at a time!
MACNA XXI Atlantic City, NJ September 25-27, 2009
Phyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 09:29 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by skank-a-holic
Wow... what a wealth of knowledge this forum brings...

Be patient. Sometimes it just takes the right person to log on and not every member logs on every day, several times a day.

I have no personal experience mixing clowns so I was hesitant to post, but I imagine it would depend on the tanks size and the type of clown. As well as if you have a mating pair or not. As long as there is enough room for them each to establish their individual territories, I imagine you'll be fine.

Tags
clown, clowns

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com