Clowns and Anemones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

New2Salt

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi!

We are so excited, we finally got to get some fish! We got 2 scooter blennies today and they went eating right away they are so at home in the tank we found that one is a male and the other a female at least according to the book and now the female is climbing the rocks trying to get away from the male. Anyways, we eventually want to add Clowns and when we were at the lfs they had real small clowns and had the anemones in there with them, they had a purple one that I really liked but it was with the black and orange clownfish, I've tried looking in our books and also online to see if I can find anything about the purple one, can't seem to find anything, I know I've read getting carpet anemones can be harmful to bleenies and shrimp which we got a deal on 3 cleaner shrimp for $30 bucks, one kind of freeked us out, he started to shed his skin in the bag and thought he was dead! Anyways any look forward to any help!

Nevermind, we decided after talking to our local fish guy and doing some more reading that we weren't going for the anemone, but found a beautiful mated pair of Maroon clowns so we got those and they are loving the tank too. Everything seems like it's working out, I'm just hoping nothing goes wrong. :?

It is my understanding that clows will set up shop in a number of corals if that is the way you are heading. Mine live in my frogspawn and seem to love it.

Back
Top Bottom