Clowns and Anemones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmcpeek

Aquarium Advice Freak
I want to get a pair of ocelleris clowns for my 225 gallon and I have access to a bubble tip anemone from a friend.

I ran across an ad today for a 50 gallon tank and a 26 gallon hex tank with live rock in both for $100. I need about 50 more lbs of rock for my refugium so I figured I would call on the ad.

The tanks also come with a tomato clown and a percula clown and some kind of wrasse and urchin. My question is can I house the two clowns in with a pair of ocelleris clowns or will they compete to host the anemone? Should I take the two clowns from the ad to the LFS and trade for the ocelleris?

chances are there will be some competion for the anenome, but being that the tank is of good size if u have anenome shaped corals like hammer, frogspawn, sometimes toadstools and brains, the other clown/s will find somewhere else to go. Another thing to mention is that more often than not one clown will dominate the anenome in my case the female lives in the anenome and shows some aggression to the male but on other days she will let him near. the aggression is not terrible though a simple chase and then she is fine.

I do have a couple of toadstools and plan on a xenia. I have the room so I may just add another anemone.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom