Clowns and anemones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nes

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a maroon clown and a black os baby clown.The blk clw was the 1st resident and was tank breed.I purchased the larger maroon about 3 months later and he found a bubble tip anem in the 1st hour .Will the captive breed learn or will nature take it's course.He looks lonely swimming on the top and looks confused There is no harasse going on between them.If you have some info that would be nice.

Watch that maroon, they tend to be a little feisty. There is no guarantee that any clown will host anything....Or they might decide to host your ph or something else, wherever they feel comfortable.

what do you mean by host a powerhead? just hang out around the powerhead? ..... cause thats what my new O clown seems to like to do ....

Ray

My clown was tank raised and never left my ph. It hung around the ph all day and would even sleep their at night. After a while it eventually took to my flower pot and left the ph. I've read on this forum that a lot of tank raised clowns will host ph's before anything else.

The clown will kill the flower pot as it will not allow the polyps to extend and it will die.

My Maroon Clown hosts the heater

LOL.... It must like to stay warm at night! :) My clowns hosted a PH at first then they moved to my zoo's. Now they are hosting my alveopora and my zoo's. I guess it just depends on the mood they're in.

I used to have only a xenia and now they separated into 2 branches and has since grown so huge.

My ocellaris clown which I had for 9 months when first introduced into the tank host on my powerhead then took about 3 months to host the torch coral. The torch coral has since died and now he is hosting the xenias. I separate the 2 branches on the left and right side of the tank he now hop around left and right xenias hosting them. Depends on his mood one night he will tuck in between the stalks on the right xenias and another night he will tuck in the stalks without any movements on the left one. That is so funny to watch.

In my 30 gal my O clown hangs out by the PH all day and sleeps by it.
Now in my 55gal my paired Clarkii Clown's immediately started hosting my anemone. The key to this I think was, I added my clowns and anemone at the same time.

It is so cool to watch the 2 clowns in the anemone. I'll post a pick when I get home tonight.

My clowns are very "advance" and "modern". They only host "techonology" stuff such as pumps, overflows and filters. lol :p

IMO, tank raised clowns are less likely to host its natural hosts, the anemones. They are more likely to host manmade stuff

Back
Top Bottom