Clowns and Gobies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

d9hp

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have changed my mind because of my money... I am getting a 40 gallon breeder or a 46 gallon bowfront (not sure) and am wondering about its occupants. I have always loved clowns, and would not mind having just clowns in a tank, but i have been told this is not possible. How many clowns would i have to have to make it safe for each of them?

I will most likely just get 2 clowns, 2 gobies, and a banggai or a yellow tang.

Your best bet might be to get a mated pair of both types. Let me check my Ichthyology book and my favorite site www.fishbase.org/ some male clowns like to keep harems. I'll let you know, but I think Michael is going to be right as far as your best bet. Most clowns are VERY territorial.

clowns and gobies

I have 2 false percs, and a clown goby in my 20g, they get along just fine.

Your fish selection sounds fine except for the Tang. Tangs need a bit more running room IMO.

in that case you would have to buy a very small tank. in my experieces very small tanks are tough to keep because the can become malnurished very quickly. you may just want to wait to get the big tank then get a tang. putting one in a 40 IMO would be kinda of cruel for a fish that likes to swim so much, in a large area.

Back
Top Bottom