Clowns and hosting!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

armyman16

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey I just purchased 2 Ocellaris clowns today at my lfs and I was wondering what is it most likely to host? I have a torch coral with 3 almost 4 heads and a wall hammer that's really big..do they have a chance of hostin one of these or should I buy another coral? Thanks in advance! Cameron

They could possibly host either of those. Or they might host a PH lol, you never know what clowns will do. They don't actually NEED to host a coral or nem though. Mine have claimed a corner of the tank and hang out by a particular piece of LR. Perfectly happy and healthy mating pair.

Here is a picture of my clowns hosting a tea pot I put in over a year ago. Today its almost completely encrusted with Coraline algae inside and out. I noticed the liked the back corner so I put this in its spot.

ForumRunner_20120405_075846.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120405_075500.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120405_075500.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 100
Hahaha that's great! Any pictures of the teapot now?

Not resent photos. If I remember I will snap one when I get home.

Great news! They've already hosted the wall hammer!! I heard that it would take months to host something but they did it in less than 24 hours! Will post pics soon!

Here`s what they have hosted in my tank.

100_1358.JPG

100_1013.JPG

Very nice corals heres my new guys! This is first thing in the morning a few minutes after I turned the blues on

Our Ocellaris's (2 mated pairs) have been trying to host the sails on the ship that is in the tank, unfortunately, the sails move too much...
The Tomato Clown in my other tank hosts the buddha that is in there, quite funny actually. These guys will host anything that they feel comfortable in.

~Mrs. McLain75~

I love the snowflakes! Can you post up a pic of yours?

Back
Top Bottom