Clowns are weird...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bribo12

Aquarium Advice Addict
My lightning maroon decided he would rather host this clam then the rock flower nems or lps in the tank...IMG_1520285012.520527.jpg

They're pretty bizarre.. mine were hosting a power head for a few weeks.

Mine hosted the magnet cleaner and then an elephant ear mushroom.. I kept waiting to see if the mushroom would eat him ! It was like 4-6 inches when it was hunting..
The clown is still here and elephant ear gone .
I like the maroon lighting and was just looking at a couple. They are said to be mean..They were the only 'designer' clown not offered in mated pairs at store that had 10 different designers...Till my old picaso [original designer] dies I will be happy with him..Then maybe if a pair of lightning could be found ?

I'd try to get him to move on before he irritates the clam , causing it to dye off sure that clam wasn't cheap
my 2 clowns finally took to my toadstool leather. its funny how both disappear in the long tentacles.

Nah he’s not hard on the clam. Doesn’t really seem to bother it much.

Bandit-funny thing is the helfrichi firefish in the tank with him owns the clown. Sets him right in his place if he gets feisty

My biggest issue is the assault on my hand when it goes in the tank. This thing has drawn blood, it peppers me with nips.. like 100's!!! I tell her how easily I could end her and she nips out the letters f u in the algae on the back wall and bites me some more.
Bandit- I know a guy...

None of the clowns I have now bite me. I used to have a vicious Black ocellaris who bit the crud out of me.

It's absolutely obnoxious and I've lost all the "awww and hahahah and cuteeee" sentiment. Now it just pisses me off while I'm trying to delicately remove algae from frags and coral. Some one I know that worked at an lfs I frequented a while back told me to, after telling him about my reef tank.. "get the clowns out asap, they're dicks" he was right!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom