Clowns in QT- slow going

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RTV

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have 2 ocellarus clowns in a 10 gal QT - they have what I think is a fungus- white cottony looking spots around the gills- have treated for 5 days with maracyn in qt- one fish had 3 substantial fungus growths on him...one has diminished quite a bit but the other two spots remain. So, my question is how long will it take for him to recover (if he does) He's been eating great- no signs of stress at all...just these large growths on him. The other clown has one small spot that did not seem to respond to the treatment at all. The medication indicated only 5 days of treatement- so, now what???? Is there another treatment I should try?

The good news is the main tank is looking great...the cleanup crew seems to be helping with an algea outbreak and things on that front are looking up but, I'd like to get these little guys back in the main tank!

I have a 46 gal tank w/57lb of lr and 50lbs of ls...have been running with a hob filter and a maxijet powerhead but, my remora is has been ordered and should be in next week- looking forward to getting that in place. Water parameters look fine with the exception of fairly high ph- doing regular pwc to try and help that situation.

Maracyn is an anti-bacterial. If this is a true fungus, you need to see if your LFS has any anti-fungal medications.

Back
Top Bottom