Clowns two pairs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dewey

Aquarium Advice Freak
How will two pairs of clown do in the same tank? Will they fight?

Just wondering thanks Dewey

IMH I would think that If they all were added at the same time it should not be a problem if the tank is large enough...

I personally have 3 clowns in my tank and they don't seem to fight at all..

HTH<
James

Really I added 2 pairs clowns to a tank once and I had to get them apart fast they were just not having that. 0X

cj10488 said:
IMH I would think that If they all were added at the same time it should not be a problem if the tank is large enough...

I personally have 3 clowns in my tank and they don't seem to fight at all..
Are these two A. ocellaris and a TR A. percula or are all three A. percula?

I am wondering if your success has more to do with them having not become sexually mature yet and are tollerating each other moreso due to it being a natural occurance for many clown species to congregate in groups when younger.... Hmmm.... :?: :idea: :?:

Cheers
Steve

Unless you have a tank divider, i would stick with one pair and only if the pair has known each other or are introduced at the same time. However, i went to my LFS and i saw 15-25 clowns in a small tank. I hope they sold fast. :zook: :rocket:

Are these two A. ocellaris and a TR A. percula or are all three A. percula?

They are all A. Percula 1 of them is a TR and the other 2 are wild caught... I think the one TR percula is about to lay eggs as it is pretty fat and been getting that way over the last few weeks.. Very healthy and sticks with one of the wild caught perculas.. They all seem to get along great.. It seems like every other week. one of the wild caught will hang with one of the other fish He is pimpin it lol :D

James

That is good thing you have. It just goes to show you that you can never predict the way these animals will act......I love it. It always keeps you guessing. 0X

Dewey said:
How will two pairs of clown do in the same tank? Will they fight?
Dewey said:
75 gallon tank, 30 gallon sump...
I'd say the odds are definately not in favor of them getting along.

Cheers
Steve

I have a single, small, Ocellaris Clownfish and he stays in the back corner. He is healthy and eats, but due to seeing his reflection, will not come out of the corner. It's like that fish in Nemo who introduced her crazy sister, a reflection, LOL.

Will my clownfish outgrow this behavior and come out to investigate the other areas of the tank or is he doomed to cowering in the corner? :cry:

RodneyCK

RodneyCK said:
Will my clownfish outgrow this behavior and come out to investigate the other areas of the tank or is he doomed to cowering in the corner?
Depends on how long you've had it but clowns will typically stick to one area of the tank as a rule. Some wander the tank, some don't but it is more common for them to feel secure in one particular area. If it's still fairly new to the surroundings, it will take a bit of time before it becomes adventurous.

Cheers
Steve

Thanks steve-s. I just got him three days ago. I thought it was because he was lonely and saw his reflection in that spot. Good to know.

Best,
RodneyCK

Best thing for any clown is a mate. They thrive on having company and it is generally thought that they will live much longer lives than in a solitary existance. Just be sure if you do that it is much smaller than the original clown, the exact same species and properly quarantined before you place them together... :wink:

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom