Clueless on Clawless

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ClamKnuckle

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am in the process of cycling a 90 gal which I plan to use as a reef. The hair algae in it is already long enough to braid! I am thinking of going totally clawless with this tank (is it worth it?). The tank has 185 lbs LR and a DSB. What types of snails should I get and what's a good number of each. I got an algae attack pack from liveaquara.com for my 55 when I set that up and found it to be way too much, besides they have hermits so that would defeat my clawless quest.

in my tank i have mexican turbo's, a fighting conch, a tang, and i keep the alk., and calcuim really high, i never have had big issues with hair algea otherwise.

I plan on getting a bi color blenny and maybe a yellow tang further down the road too, and i know those will help with algae

Are mexican turbos and fighting conches good for a sand bed? I read in a post before about a snail that will sift the sand as it eats algae but I can not remember the name or find the post.

the conch has been good for my sand shes been easy to care for and sifts sands slightly, i think bumble bee snails, and cerith snails go through the sand but if im not sure maby someone can help me out.

Nassarius snails are good for that.

Back
Top Bottom