Coepods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
how muck live rock would any body reccomend for a 25 gallon tank for a moderate population of amphipods and coepods?

I think he means 25-50 lbs depending on how your tank is set up (like how much rock will fit comfortably), 25 lbs being the minimum

so maybe around 25 pounds of live rock for my tank.But how many months would it tanke to have a good population for a mandarin goby.I had one that ate live brine shrip but it sadly passed away(well dissapered).

Oh yes, sorry, 25-50 lbs. I'd say around 30 or so for Fiji, you'll want more if you're getting Keys rock.

I sincerely doubt a Mandarin would survive in your tank, unless you bred copepods in another (MUCH LARGER) tank or purchased them from your LFS (provided your LFS is trustworthy and even sells them). Not a good idea in my mind.

You'd need well over what you could fit in your tank, even without considering swimming room.

i believe you can breed them yourself. go to

www.sjwilson.net/reef/

look around and find where she tells about breeding the pods. she breeds these things in bottles! Ill need to learn to do this someday too but right now its not my top priority

I dont think fire gobies live off pods because ive got a purple one and he'll eat whatever i put in the tank. I dont know about mollies but the only fish i know that mainly live on pods are dragonets

My Firefish is a pod eater beyond compare. He really cut through the things when I first got him - I guess they didn't feed him much at the LFS.

My roommate frequently exclaims "Coo-coo for cocopods (copepods)!" when he passes by the tank and sees the little guy munching 'em up.

You could also get a psycho goby instead..... very similar to the mandarin but mine will eat brine and mysis.... so no need to worry about the pods...

Back
Top Bottom