Colt Coral & Clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ctmedman

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought a Colt Coral from the LFS in January and it was a good sized one. Later that month I also got a false percula clown who immediately made the colt coral its home. The clown barely strays farther than 2 inches from the coral and that's only when there's food in the tank. Otherwise he's completely attached. Amazingly, there's only 2 skunk cleaners and a mandarin in the tank so he has nothing to worry about.

So the colt looks a lot lighter in color than when I first got it and it has also gotten smaller. The other corals in the tank are a Galaxy which has shown growth, a christmas tree coral which has shown growth, and a torch coral.

Any idea what's wrong with the colt? Is the clown killing it? It expands when the light is on and it's polyps open up. They close when the clown brushes on them but it's not like the animal is closed up.

I think he`ll be OK. I have some chromis that hide in mine. Keep an eye on it and let us know.

it is probably annoying the colt, but I would think after some time, it will get used to it and perk back up.

Back
Top Bottom