Colt Coral Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PurplePolyp

Aquarium Advice Freak
I had bought a Colt Coral awhile back and because of where I put him, he died. About a week later, I noticed a colt coral about 1/4 inch big growing in the bottom of the tank. I put him on a piece of live rock and he is thriving. About 3 days later, I noticed that there are a total of 4 Colts growing. I have someone that I can give them to when they get big enough, but will it be dangerous to my tank if I continue to let them grow? I don't want my tank to become over run with them. Right now, the only other corals I have are a Carnation Coral, a Maze Brain, and a Purple Zoanthus Button Polyp. If it will be okay to keep these 4 and let them grow up, how long should I wait before removing them from my tank and giving them to my friends?

Just keep on eye on it, It grows like weeds and it likes to self frag I cursed some of my friends with a few frags :lol:

Thanks! I'm still wanting to keep one of them so I will go ahead and take a couple out and keep on eye out for more popping up. Let a couple grow and keep the one that turns out the best.

Back
Top Bottom