Combination of fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefman97

Aquarium Advice Activist
I will be purchasing some fish Sunday. Would like to know if these are good combination.
I currently have this stocked in my tank: Yellow tang-Two ocellaris clownfish- one banded clownfish- flame angel- 6-7 hermits. I would like to add this. Regal tang and cleaner shrimp (or similar shrimp). Or copperband butterfly and cleaner shrimp ( or similar shrimp). What's best??

not knowing what size tank it is can't give you a good answer
and seeing you only have a few post I automaticly assume your tank is new
give details for the tank please

not knowing what size tank it is can't give you a good answer
and seeing you only have a few post I automaticly assume your tank is new
give details for the tank please

It's been up for 1.5 years, newest addition is the banded clownfish ( 3 months ago ) and 721 gallon bowfront

If its a 70something bowfront, I would not have the yellow tang and would trade for a Kole, Tomini or a tang that will work long term in there. Consider a mimic Lemonpeel instead?.

No way on the Hippo. Needs a tank at least twice that. Its begging for health issues otherwise.

Copper bands are very difficult fish. Picky eaters, need very established tanks to graze in and do not do well with anything remotely aggressive (which the tangs and angel would be). They also need a much larger tank. Butterflies in general are tough to keep, but copperbands are notoriously difficult.

If its 721 gallons, get the Hippo. :)

If its a 70something bowfront, I would not have the yellow tang and would trade for a Kole, Tomini or a tang that will work long term in there. Consider a mimic Lemonpeel instead?.

No way on the Hippo. Needs a tank at least twice that. Its begging for health issues otherwise.

Copper bands are very difficult fish. Picky eaters, need very established tanks to graze in and do not do well with anything remotely aggressive (which the tangs and angel would be). They also need a much larger tank. Butterflies in general are tough to keep, but copperbands are notoriously difficult.

If its 721 gallons, get the Hippo. :)

Oh lol, yes I meant 72 gallons haha, I only wish 721 gallons!! Thanks for your info

Back
Top Bottom