Comments on order before I place it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought it was the smaller clown that changed...but either way, yes they'll change gender to form a 'proper' mated pair.

Are you sure you want to go with an anemone in a new tank? All advice I've ever heard (and thus dispensed) was you need at least 6-9 months of stable tank before you add an anemone. At $60 for a rose bta, I'd be super wary.

Really my only concern is the Purple Short Tentacle Plate Coral because i have no experience with them.

I'll cut the percs to 2...or I could go to 4 or 5?

I think I rather like the idea of a school of them. Advice?

I'd do 5 if you're going to school them so that you don't end up with 2 pairs (and potentially to females in one tank). I think with 5 they would setup like a harem (but in reverse? LOL) with one F & 4M.

Bearfan said:
Really my only concern is the Purple Short Tentacle Plate Coral because i have no experience with them.
Plates are fairly easy to maintain even with the light you have. They actually prefer less intensity than most realize. Maintain NSW chemistry, keep it on the sandbed and no strong or sustained flow near it. Otherwise they are self sufficient.

I'll cut the percs to 2...or I could go to 4 or 5?

I think I rather like the idea of a school of them. Advice?
Tanks too small for long term success. Once a mated pair is established they will fight with the others until dead. If the tank was a 150+, you might be safe but not with a 75 gal.

As to the female Q above, the larger is always the female. They are born "sexless" and eventually change when the need arises depnding on hierarchy. If it's only one clown in a tank, it will eventually become female even without a mate once mature.

Cheers
Steve

Place it on the substrate as they have a tendency to "walk" a bit. If you put it on the rocks it could shift and fall. It needs moderate flow over it and the occasional dusting to keep sand off of it.
I would skip the third clown as well. How about a gramma or a goby?

If we're making suggestions... a Lyretail Anthias. What a gorgeous fish! The ones I got from LA are eating anything I throw into the tank (well not the Cyclopeze flake, but the formula 1, prime reef and froz cyclopeze). Beautiful fish. Very healthy from them gush gush gush...

Two it is on the Percs...I'm convinced.

The plate is a go, but possibly one I saw on www.marinedepotlive.com that I liked.

I actually already have a gramma and 2 gobies

I'm trying to add the fish fairly slowly. I'm going to do a FOWLR next, but for this one I am more into coral now.

Back
Top Bottom